12.7.05

#10

outro antigo...


Duality as a friend.

look up to the heavens, child,
and you might see your own image.
look down through the cracks in the pavement.
are those your freckles you see reflected in the devil's eye?

saintly sinners,
demons with feathered wings,
for how long will you lie to yourself
and deny to the world about who you are?

cry not for the harm you have caused,
because deep down you've enjoyed it.
smile not about the hearts you've broken,
because i know you'd like to mend them.

how ambiguous can you be my friend,
when you sit there telling me lies,
only to comfort me about the horrid truth
that only someone as good as you would think to hide?

(escrito em julho de 2002)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anônimo said...

Hello my dearest friend Fábio! =)

You cannot imagine how delighted I was to read some English again (apart from my paper on Introdução à Prosa, which is preventing me to sleep on my vacation!). =P

Loved it. Seriously. It may be because I´m going through a personality crisis... thinking lots of things through... it feels like your poem was meant to me. =)

Miss you! How has your vacation been so far? I´m actually the only person who´s getting a tan in July!=P

See ya! =D

Kisses,
Déh! = *

qua. jul. 13, 10:39:00 PM  

Postar um comentário

<< Home